Empowering Experienced Professionals for Successful Career Transitions
40Plus of Greater Washington is looking for an outgoing and energetic volunteer to lead the organization.
For the right person this is an excellent opportunity to make an important difference in the lives of our class members and meeting attendees, to exercise your leadership skills, and to implement your vision of how to increase our impact and face the challenges ahead. You will be assisted in your efforts by incredibly dedicated volunteers who run our programs and events.
The primary responsibilities of a new Executive Director are summarized below:
1. Build relationships with class participants, donors, partners, sponsors or others to generate revenue
- Recruit prospective students for our job search course - our current major source of income.
- Schedule and fill six classes per year, 7 participants per class, by developing a rapport with attendees at our weekly Monday Morning and monthly Networking with Purpose meetings.
- Lead efforts to seek new revenue streams through potential grant funding, partnerships, or sponsorships.
- Seek ways to diversify earned income.
- Target a $40K revenue base.
2. Engage volunteers and coordinate their activities
3. Report to the Board at bi-monthly Board meetings