Careers in the Association & Nonprofit Sector
with Jennifer Baker, MSW, CAE
Senior Director, ASAE Business Services, Inc
ASAE: the Center for Association Leadership
What to expect at this presentation
This session will look at the rewarding career opportunities available in the association and nonprofit sector.
We’ll discuss the types of careers available as well as the viability of the association and nonprofit industry.
We’ll also cover helpful resources available through ASAE: The Center for Association Leadership and Association CareerHQ, the premier niche job site for job seekers looking to land a position with association employers.
Jennifer will be joined by her colleague Rebbeca Hawk.
About The Speaker
Jennifer Baker, MSW, CAE
Senior Director, ASAE Business Services, Inc. Jennifer Baker joined the ASAE Business Services, Inc. (ABSI) Team in June 2012. She directs ABSI’s ASAE-Endorsed Business Solutions and Association CareerHQ business lines and works with the president on business development and governance-related activities.
Prior to joining ASAE, Baker spent 20 years at the American Physical Therapy Association and engaged in association management activities ranging from membership to governance to non-dues revenue management and business development. During her tenure, she held several positions, including Director of Risk Management and Member Benefits where she was responsible for a portfolio of affinity programs and services designed to enhance members’ capacity to be effective in their profession.
A native of Virginia, Baker received her Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Virginia, and her Masters in Social Work from Virginia Commonwealth University. She earned her Certified Association Executive (CAE) Credential in 2005.
Contact The SpeakerJennifer Baker, MSW, CAE
Senior Director, ASAE Business Services, Inc.
p: (202) email@example.com
Attire is business casual, recruiters are often present, so we ask all Monday Speaker attendees to contribute to the professional standards and objectives of this important networking meeting.
Doors open at 9:30 for networking and the program starts promptly at 10:00.
40Plus of Greater Washington
1718 P Street, NW, Suite T2
Washington, DC 20036
Dupont Circle Metro Station (Red Line) South Exit to 40Plus Office.
- Leave the Dupont Circle Metro Station by the 19th Street SOUTH exit.
- At the top of the escalator (street level), turn 180 degrees, and walk a short distance towards Dupont Circle.
- Turn right and walk counter-clockwise around the outside of the Circle, past Connecticut and Massachusetts Avenues.
- At P Street, turn right . Proceed on P Street past 18th Street.
- 40Plus is near the end of the block on the right side, at 1718 P Street, in the Webster House apartment building.
- See below for ONCE YOU ARE AT THE BUILDING the 40Plus office is in the basement/one flight down on "level 'T' " You can't miss it.
Directions to 40Plus
40Plus of Greater Washington
Empowering Experienced Professionals
for Successful Career Transitions